Title: Finance Assistant
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Basic Summary of Functions:
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant primary role is to support the Finance department with the financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports.
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure. Assist in accurately and timely key-entering accounting data into the accounting system.
- Develop and maintain an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System.
- Assist with payment processing, VAT Claims, end of year preparation and Audit Preparation.
- Assist in the submission of payments to the bank.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to staff, including interpretation of policies, setting up of systems, trouble shooting and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Work together with the finance team in planning and carrying out workshops on FHI360 policies and procedures.
- Conduct other general administrative functions as may be requested in support of the project.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
A customer - friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress. Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities I order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies and procedures. Good analytical, numerical and mature problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work. Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Pastel, AccPac, Quick Books or any other Accounting Software.
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision. Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
Qualifications and requirements:
BAcc /BCom /BTech in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, coupled with 1 - 3 years post qualification relevant experience.
- Recently Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC, HND or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be relevant.
- Familiarity with U. S. Government grants or other donor funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds will be an added advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.