Executive & Support,PBB
- To develop the Direct Banking strategy for PBB AR in alignment with the broader PBB AR strategy in order to aggressively grow the customer base.
- Accountable for the delivery of the Direct Banking customer growth, balance sheet and income statement growth as well as customer retention and acquisition.
- To monitor, guide and support country teams in the consistent adoption and application of the Direct Banking strategy and toolbox across PBB AR.
- To lead and manage the Fintech partnerships across PBB AR.
- To work across the UFSO on developing the PBB Direct strategy and entry points for new markets / territories.
Grow Customer Base:
- Defines and develops the Direct Banking customer acquisition and retention strategy in alignment with the broader PBB AR strategy in order to achieve the following outcomes:
- Customer growth
- Deliver the firm, deliver the customer (cross-selling)
- Favourable JAWS ratio (including cost to serve in a direct model)
- Improvement in Cost to Income ratio
- Headline Earnings
- Ecosystem driven acquisition
- Accountable for the development of the PBB AR Direct Banking customer acquisition and retention toolbox - for example, operating models, guidelines on client centric solutions and segmentation, operating models for all countries, learning framework, minimum standards to adhere to regulatory landscape, minimum standards, risk appetite, credit disciplines, best practice, mandates, delegation of authority, guidelines for pricing trade-off decisions, customer service models, definition of customer experience metrics, management of clients with multi-jurisdiction presence, etc.
- Monitors implementation of the toolbox standards, policies, processes and strategy for Direct Banking with the purpose of driving a pro-active engagement model.
- Reviews and approves Direct Banking toolbox customisation requests.
- Provides guidance to countries on the implementation of the customer acquisition and retention strategy, product and channel adoption and institutionalising ecosystems in Direct Banking.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and macro challenges relevant to direct banking and adjusts the customer acquisition and retention strategy accordingly.
- Responsible for Direct Banking portfolio growth through the identification and acquisition of new market opportunities within current footprint.
- Monitors the management of clients with multi-jurisdiction footprints.
- Enables implementation of the Direct Banking proposition strategy through skills transfer and coaching.
- Where necessary provides subject matter expertise for deal complexity.
- Delivers acquisition and retention through the various Client Journey teams.
- Informs and prioritises the digital transformation for Direct Banking.
- Drives excellent consistent customer experience as gauged through the Net Promoter Score.
- Identifies and executes on opportunities to work with, partner or acquire Fintechs in order to grow markets and market opportunities
- Identifies and executes on ecosystem and platform solutions in countries.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the PBB Human Capital function to drive and deliver on the direct banking strategy.
- In conjunction with the Regional Heads and country PBB Heads is consulted for the appointment, skills development, performance management and rewards relating to the direct teams in-country (CCE-2 principles will apply).
- Mobilises employees in PBB AR in order to fulfil the Direct Banking objectives regarding customer service; sales; people management and engagement; transformation; risk and compliance.
- Provides input into country Direct Banking standard job descriptions.
- Contributes to the development of the PBB AR Risk Framework and risk appetite for Direct Banking.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to risk framework, appetite, risk control procedures, governance and risk and conduct toolbox for Direct Banking.
- Drives satisfactory audits and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory audits as gauged by operational losses - retains central oversight of all risk and remediation matters relating to Direct Banking.
Financial Performance Management :
- In conjunction with the Regional Heads, Country PBB Heads, Country Direct Banking Heads, and Fintech partners defines the financial outcomes required for Direct Banking in line with the broader approved PBB AR financial objectives.
- Monitors implementation and achievement of agreed financial and non-financial Direct Banking outcomes across PBB AR and ensures that countries define and implement remedial actions in collaboration with the Regional Heads, Country PBB Heads and Country Direct Banking Heads.
- Ensures that social, economic and environmental initiatives are embedded in the Direct Banking strategy, culture and ways of working (e.g. financial inclusion, job creation and enterprise development, infrastructure, Africa trade and investment, education skills and development, and employee development training).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Masters Degree-Field of study: Business Commerce
- A post graduate qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant.
- More than 10 years Extensive experience in Retail Banking and Business Banking, including strategy, market development, the design and development of customer value propositions; identifying key drivers of income and cost lines. Experience in successfully growing the customer base, managing and growing a balance sheet and income statement. Experience in deploying solutions (and new solutions) into new markets and territories. Proficient in the design and understanding of data management, analytics and business intelligence. Experience with products and processes across multiple segments and platforms. Project management experience and stakeholder engagement across multiple business units. Must have a strong sense of commerciality. Should have strong background in Digital and Digital Platform businesses.
- 5-7 years experience/Proven track record in identifying, investing and partnering with Fintechs in order to achieve the growth ambitions of the bank.
- More than 10 years experience in Strategy development at a Country and overall Bank level. Proven track record in identifying, defining, securing funding, and successful implementation into a new market.
- Number of direct reports: 4-10
- Number of indirect reports: 11-50
- Africa Region travel is required & International travel may be required.
- Effective business communication
- Filtering Core Issues and Patterns
- Risk Response Strategy
- Risk/ Reward Thinking
- Risk Reporting
- Economic Capital Management