Transactional Products & Services; This team is constantly working to extend our service capability and product range, consolidating our operations in established markets while expanding and extending in emerging markets. We divide our core capabilities into three product groups - Investor Services, Transactional Banking and International Trade Services.
To lead the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Transactional Products and Services (TPS) Liquidity Management (LM) product portfolio to meet domestic and international client liquidity and return needs, deliver exceptional client experience and ensure sustainable growth in Cash Net Interest Income (NII) revenues, increase market share and achieve optimal risk return in line with the TPS strategy.
- Own, set, manage and deliver on the Corporate Liquidity Management (LM) product strategy and value proposition to deliver sustainable, profitable growth in revenues, increase market share and achieve optimal risk return in line with the Cash Management strategy. as well as to build and protect the reputation of the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB).
- Contribute towards proposing and developing an Africa Regions LM product strategy and roadmap. Represent Group Corporate Liquidity Management at country ALCO and TCM committees to partner, advise and influence country TPS and Cash Management Heads on their product strategies and delivering on their deposits and liquidity management goals.
- Lead the LM product / solution design, development and enhancement process (includes pricing, portfolio composition, usage patterns and behaviour) to deliver a diverse portfolio of profitable LM solutions that meet the international and domestic liquidity and return needs of corporate clients in a seamless manner.
- Remain abreast of key regulations, trends and macro challenges impacting the Deposits landscape; including the adoption of appropriate liquidity management techniques, to predict, update and advise CIB leadership on the implications on the product strategy and expected ROI and adjust the product strategy accordingly. Prepare the business case, cost-benefit analysis, impact assessment, and risk review.
- Understand client needs to enable the acquisition of targeted clients / opportunities through various channels. Collaborate with specialists in other parts of CIB to develop a holistic strategy for clients' overall cash management requirements, with a focus on client centricity to deliver exceptional client experience and satisfaction.
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing on the positioning, representation and promotion of LM value proposition and portfolio to maximise product awareness and enable acquisition, retention and growth of client relationships.
- Obtain, analyse and utilise data, market intelligence and industry trends to identify opportunities for innovation to ensure the sustainability of the LM and the design and delivery of its products.
- Develop and manage product management information (MI) and analytics reports to enable informed decision making for protecting and growing the associated revenues. Analyse, monitor and report on trends, patterns and client behaviours to enable proactive actions.
- Set the LM product profitability standards and revenue targets. Monitor and report performance and undertake mitigating actions to ensure target realisation, while being accountable for the portfolio product costs.
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of the team to ensure that targets and objectives are achieved, and the business plan is delivered in line with the required policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Lead the LM team in the effective achievement of high individual and team performance standards and to ensure best in class employee experience. Lead the team talent development initiatives to ensure the availability of talent to fit business requirements.
- Recommend and implement improvements to LM policies, procedures and processes covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while ensuring that CIB delivers best-in-class services, products and innovation.
- Own and develop the product platforms partnering with IT and Operations to enable the product strategy.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant discipline
- 8 - 10 years' progressive relevant professional experience in cash and liquidity management and/or product management in a Commercial Bank.
- A track record of growing leadership responsibilities with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence without formal reporting lines, and the ability to engage with internal stakeholders at senior levels.
- A minimum of 12 years' relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Cash and Liquidity Management business and corporate treasuries' requirements.
- Strong knowledge of transaction banking, balance sheet management, industry trends, relevant regulations, and liquidity products.
- Thought leadership in understanding, assessing impact and interpreting industry trends and innovation on products and corporate treasury needs.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory (esp., BASEL) impact on deposits; and ability to influence change in regulatory treatments.
- Customer focus and awareness of impact on customers for any decision
- Understanding of system infrastructure/architecture and supporting operations
- Ability to articulate benefits of liquidity and cash management products for clients and the Bank.