Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for a
Business Domain Service Manager
to join our
team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for more than 150 years, and now spans 17 countries across the African continent.
To direct quality of service for Business Line, Corporate Function IT across Country,shared execution.To provide insights, remediation based on assimilation of complex cross functional, multi-geography information.To provide strategic input into CIO decisions by integrating views of preventative actions, service trends, remediation in Group, Countries. Mature Business Service Management capability in Countries. Provide local vendors with strategic direction, periodic 3rd party service reviews.
- Develop and maintain Business impact assessments for solutions that form part of the toolbox; understanding the critical systems; impact of failure on business and potential operational losses in order to proactively manage the impact on clients in local markets.
- Define and drive out the service expectation for the Business Line or Corporate Function as part of the strategic plan and technology toolbox requirement, to achieve the desired and consistent client experience across markets.
- Partner with, and provide direction to, countries and Group shared execution to manage incidences occurring in a 3rd party as part of Group strategic review of vendor, ensuring Group Business Line or Corporate Function standards are adhered in so far as service expectations.
Technology & Architecture
- Verify whether toolbox solutions and processes are fit for purpose in countries/markets to meet service management expectations and service clients adequately.
- Drive sharing and collaboration across all markets to facilitate uniform practices, expose best patterns and perform monthly service reviews of vendors to ensure that the service provided is at the right level
- Articulate the desired service management expectations across all relevant markets as part of the technology plan and facilitate monitoring for all critical customer facing systems across all markets in the Group.
- Oversee execution, quality of service and stability of domain solutions delivered via country and shared execution capabilities. Assess application health, key incidents in order to influences the future state architecture and toolbox solutions.
- Define and maintain the related technology vendor selection criteria for use by country operations to achieve alignment with the technology plan delivering the Business Line or Corporate Function product solutions.
- Understand maturity of local technology partners and vendors and ensure that vendors are portable between countries/regions (were required), to deliver on desired IT blueprint across the markets in Group.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Assess and communicate service risks and the potential impact of planned production changes across all markets in the Group in order to preserve stability.
- Monitor the performance of Group and local technology vendors to improve the efficacy of implementation in the local market.
- Represent the portfolio in relevant Group Forums (e.g. Always on forums and committees) ensuring appropriate evaluation and remediation of end of life/out of support solutions and that relevant information is disseminated
- Monitor adherence against defined standards, tools and frameworks to facilitate achievement of outcomes for the business line or corporate function across all markets.
- Participate in governance processes to decide deviation from toolboxes.
- Provide information on the toolbox implementation, execution, local vendors and partners as required as input to cross- functional anagement of information, reporting and technology across the portfolio
- Analyse the performance and stability trends of individual services in Country or Group; identifying and making recommendations for incremental improvement by engaging with the execution teams.
- Perform service trend analysis and consolidated Quality of Service reporting identifying performance, remediation and optimisation items across Pan African implementations.
- Perform service volume and cost driver analysis understanding how it impacts on the total cost of ownership (TCO) as an input to the budgets and financial planning for the portfolio.
- Support the CIO to ensure completeness of service budgets by checking that costs are included as per capacity plans for Software Asset Management, all people and infrastructure costs and vendor and third-party costs are included
- Analyse actual versus budgeted volumes and cost drivers ensuring service cost and volume transparency and the identification of opportunities to drive efficiencies and address cost challenges across the portfolio.
- Track business value and toolbox usage, verifying whether solutions and tools are fit for purpose in countries/markets to meet service management expectations and service clients adequately.
- Formulate a multi-year service strategy to enable delivery on the value proposition, keeping services aligned with evolving business needs, solution design, planned service investments, to ensure stability and availability
- Identify strategic suppliers to the group or in country and align services where required
- Ensure common communication standards to business stakeholders across all execution areas. Lead communication to impacted Group Business Line or Corporate Function stakeholders during high impact service impact and restoration events.
- Define the communication strategy, solution relevant to the Business Line or Corporate Function in the Toolbox to ensure clarity on communication to clients.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Studies/ Information Technology
- Industry related certification and membership e.g. ITIL certification
- 8-10 years:
* Have knowledge of domain operations, and understanding of ecosystems and suppliers and broad technical knowledge of the technology,
solutions and service catalogue consumed by countries.
* Have good knowledge of domain appropriate technology strategies. Proven application of service management processes and frameworks
- 10+ years:
* Broad experience in leading service management processes for large and diverse portfolio's. Proven knowledge and application of ITSM practices.
Knowledge of Banking & Financial Service
- Organization Change Management
- IT Risk Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Management Processes
- Data Analysis
- Financial Management (IT)
- Stakeholder Management (IT)