Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for a
Business Domain Technical Analyst
to join our
team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for more than 150 years, and now spans 17 countries across the African continent.
To follow up and perform specific research as part of the business domain technology toolbox, managing content updates and fit for purpose packaging.
To engage execution teams in Group and Country to train, support and advocate toolbox and standards adoption.
To perform trend analysis and data analysis on toolbox implementation and efficacy and administration regarding monitoring of standards and toolboxes.
- Perform research to innovate technology toolbox to meet client needs and achieve optimal technology plan implementation, allowing delivery on customer journeys and setting up country to win in the market.
- Support CIO in managing toolbox content to implement toolbox enhancement ensuring that solutions and services are value-based, factoring in resource and risk constraints.
- Execute on tracking the business value and toolbox usage, verifying whether solutions and tools are fit for purpose in countries/markets to meet service management expectations and service clients adequately.
- Participate in driving out the adoption of new value adding services/technologies by countries and shared execution teams, collaborating and providing guidance and specialist knowledge if required
- Provide information on the toolbox implementation, execution, local vendors and partners as required as input to cross- functional management of information, reporting and technology across the portfolio
- Manage toolbox contributions by developing and maintaining strong relationships. These include external relationships with suppliers or vendors and internal relationships with Enterprise Architects, Technology Practices, Country CIOs and IT technical teams across the organisation and markets.
- Collaborate, train and support technology toolbox implementation in Group and Countries to ensure take up of appropriate solutions, processes and services.
- Liaise and engage with Countries and shared execution teams to keep them informed of changes and evolving expectations based on technology toolbox updates.
Technology & Architecture
- Operationalise the toolbox through collaboration, training and support and oversight.
- Review industry developments and existing standard and update or enhance standards for the Bank that enable robust, reusable IT services that scale across the Bank footprint.
- Support the toolbox lifecycle conducting regular service engagement and reviews with countries and providers to proactively identify and implement continuous service improvement plans.
- Support the CIO portfolio though review of the IT Blueprint, solutions and toolbox to ensure that UFSO objectives are met.
- Managing content and updates specific to the country and Group needs for new and current technology toolbox use cases.
- Perform trend and data analysis to determine toolbox efficacy and make recommendations to improve the implementation for the market.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Execute on administration to monitor adherence against defined standards, tools and frameworks to facilitate achievement of technology outcomes for the Business Line or Corporate Function across all markets.
- Provide administrative support to toolbox governance processes.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Studies/ Information Technology
- Industry related certification and membership e.g. ITIL certification
- Knowledge of domain operations and understanding of ecosystems and suppliers and broad technical knowledge of the technology, solutions and service catalogue consumed by countries.
- Have good knowledge of domain appropriate technology strategies. Proven application of service management processes and frameworks
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Knowledge of Banking & Financial Service
- Benefits Management
- Design Patterns
- Research & Information Gathering
- Data Analysis
- Stakeholder Management (IT)