Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager Lead - API's CIB IT, Digital to join our team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
We are looking for an individual to help us coordinate, align, execute and manage the CIB cloud migration portfolio. This individual will do so by working with the CIO to develop a CIB wide cloud migration and execution strategy, and to prioritise the migration of workloads based on priority customer journeys. This individual will be required to liaise with various application stakeholders, both from a business and technology perspective, as well as the group Cloud COE, to ensure alignment around the migration of workloads according to clearly defined principles. This individual will also be required to build a technical team of cloud specialists that will partner with CIO feature teams to rearchitect workloads to be cloud native, and to ultimately migrate them. This individual should be comfortable with the technical details of migrating the current CIB application landscape to the cloud, and thus they must have the necessary cloud certifications (AWS, Azure) to advise the team on the right approach to tackle any migration. The individual will also be required to, along with the CIO, work with application vendors to manage the migration of vendor-based applications within CIB to either Azure, AWS or vendor managed environment.
Maintain Portfolio Management methods, standards and relevant systems
- Provide portfolio, programme, project and feature teams support against Portfolio Management methods, standards and on relevant systems.
- Undertake appropriate action to ensure implementation, maintenance and enhancement of suitable governance and assurance processes.
- Ensure the effective implementation of relevant Portfolio Management Office standards and controls to ensure that reporting is done correctly.
- Provide insight into the monthly management information reporting regarding capacity, data quality and overall performance of the portfolio.
- Propose innovative solutions that integrates existing and future components through the use of knowledge of business functionality and requirements.
- Collaborate in the maintenance and review of data clean-up.
- Escalate unresolved risks, issues and non-compliance/non-conformities to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide a mechanism to share knowledge across Group IT
Lead and manage a Team of Delivery Consultants
- Responsible for providing direction and leadership to the team.
- Motivate team to strive towards delivering best effort support.
- Maintain leading-edge personal and professional development by regular and focused activity, which covers the complete development spectrum (i.e. conferences, courses, personal coaching etc.).
- Keep up to date personally with latest thinking in chosen subject/discipline by addressing and attending conferences, producing research material for leading edge journals, etc.
- Establish and maintain a high level of morale and collaboration within the team
Collaborate and assist in the collation, creation, capture and distribution of Portfolio information/data for visibility and decision-making purposes.
- Interact with portfolio stakeholders to understand their needs and influence their choice of solution to achieve maximum reusability.
- See the ‘big picture'; apply appropriate level of influence to ensure consistency with COO operating model and vision.
- Undertake regular evaluation of information from portfolios and review data for irregularities highlighting potential deployment challenges.
- Assist stakeholders through the analysis and reporting on portfolio, programme, and project and feature team to assist in their decision making.
- Produce reports (when required) by collating information, develop report and submit to applicable portfolios.
- Recommend and assist portfolio, programme, project and feature teams to capture information on relevant system
Effective management of internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a long-term relationship with the Portfolio Management capability, the Portfolio Management Leads and the virtual team and the external portfolio stakeholders
Create and maintain the Integrated Portfolio Plan
- Honours' Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Commerce.
- Exposure to and qualification in Project Management methodologies, such as MoP, MSP, PRINCE2, SCRUM, Agile are desirable. Advanced banking knowledge.
- Relevant Tertiary degree, certification in AWS or AZURE, or Both. Or eligibility for certification within 3 months.
- Experience in migrating on-prem applications to AZURE/AWS.
- Software development experience.
- Solutions Architecture/ Enterprise Architecture experience
- 10 Years' experience in working in a variety of business areas within IT. Understanding and experience of the various disciplines within IT and how they relate to each other.
- 7+ Years skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement and empowerment
- 7+ years experience in working in a multi-discipline (matrix structure) team fostering collaboration and team work
- 7+ years experience in implementing projects, Lean and Agile techniques and coaching and training in different cultures and environments.
Solutions Architecture/ Enterprise Architecture experience
Records and Archive Management Competency Description
- The ability to store, retrieve and when needed, destroy documents according to regulatory requirements and company policies for document management.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage business related data in an accurate manner, through the application of various technologies
IT Planning and Management - IT Strategy and Planning
- The ability to develop a long term vision for the utilisation of IT based systems by the bank to modernise the work methods and improve efficiency and response times for different functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of costing, budgeting and finance concepts and the understanding and application of related processes and procedures.
IT Programme Management
- The ability to coordinate the delivery across a collection of technology projects