Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an
Business Domain Technology Lead
to join our
team at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for more than 150 years, and now spans 17 countries across the African continent.
To deliver the technology plan integrating Group Technology capabilities and Country technology teams via fit for purpose. Business Line, Corporate Function or platform technology toolbox. Define Toolbox capabilities to ensure adherence to Group Standards, iterate and innovate based on Country opportunities. Custodian of toolbox, govern adherence, measure efficacy of solutions in Countries. Collaborate with Country, Group execution teams to navigate, consume toolbox to deliver business value.
Technology & Architecture
- Design complex solutions as part of the technology toolbox, taking into account emerging technologies, cloud infrastructure, ensuring security standards are improved, met and risk reduced.
- Review industry developments and existing standard and update or enhance standards for the Bank that enable robust, reusable IT services that scale across the Bank footprint.
- Collaborate, provide input and package complex solution designs (considering the full IT stack) so that the solution is practical, useable, meets the technology plan, fit for purpose (accounts for country tiering).
- Incorporate (in the toolbox) fit for purpose technical architecture that support the technology plan catering for tiered country requirements and objectives.
- Set, monitor and maintain the requisite toolbox (solutions, technology tools and standards, preferred vendors) across the full lifecycle, in collaboration with countries, Business Line or Corporate Function to fit market needs
- Operationalise the toolbox through collaboration, training and support and oversight.
- Manage the technology toolbox life cycle conducting regular service engagement and reviews with countries and providers to proactively identify and implement continuous service improvement plans.
- Cater for the tiered based technologies per capability of service in response to Countries variation in skills and affordability and segmented clients, ensuring that the Group Business Line or Corporate Function Strategic technology plan is realised.
- Support CIO in managing decisions relating to new or additional services as well as decisions related to toolbox enhancements. and ensure that solutions and services are value-based, factoring in resource and risk constraints.
- Track business value and toolbox usage, verifying whether solutions and tools are fit for purpose in countries/markets to meet service management expectations and service clients adequately.
- Review emerging trends and proactively design the toolbox roadmap to position the Bank and the countries for competitive advantage in their markets.
- Drive the adoption of new value adding services/technologies by countries and shared execution teams, collaborating and providing guidance and specialist knowledge if required.
- Realise strategic technology plan recommending where appropriate optimisation to achieve simplification and security profile expected for Business Line, Corporate Function or Platform, across all markets and vendor implementations.
- Innovate technology toolbox to meet client needs and achieve optimal technology plan implementation, allowing country to win in the market. - Provide countries with business ready reusable toolbox components that fit market needs, meeting requisite standards and remaining relevant and applicable for country requirements.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Ensure that the technology plan for Business Line & Corporate Function meet Regulator standards both Group and support Country local regulator compliance requirements through toolbox updates / options
- Participate in governance processes to decide deviation from toolboxes.
- Monitor adherence against defined standards, tools and frameworks to facilitate achievement of outcomes for the business line or corporate function across all markets.
- Provide information on the toolbox implementation, execution, local vendors and partners as required as input to cross- functional management of information, reporting and technology across the portfolio
- Conduct strategically placed awareness campaigns in Countries and Group to ensure take up of appropriate toolboxes and services offered.
- Manage toolbox contributions by developing and maintaining strong relationships. These include external relationships with suppliers or vendors and internal relationships with Enterprise Architects, Technology Practices, Country CIOs and IT technical teams across the organisation and markets.
- Engage execution teams providing solutions and recommendations that will ease the adoption of standards and frameworks, acting as domain expert and advisor providing consulting services including training and workshops.
- Ensure that appropriate skills in support of defined technology plan are understood within the execution teams for recruitment, training and development purposes and that the future technology roadmap is linked to future skills roadmap to make toolbox implementable and reduce execution risk.
- Review the IT Blueprint, solutions and toolbox to ensure that UFSO objectives are met.
- Identify use cases for new/and current toolbox use across the Group and countries, managing content and updates specific to the country and Group needs.
- Integrate technology best practice and information security standards to allow for legitimate, reputable solutions supporting products across all markets.
- Provide strategic direction for local technology vendors, to ensure alignment with Business Line or Corporate Function product standards.
- Coordinate and ensure alignment between the Group; Country and the Business Line and or Corporate Functions product solutions. Liaising and engaging to keep them abreast of changes and evolving expectations based on the Business line strategy and technology plan.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Studies/ Information Technology
- Industry related certification and membership e.g. ITIL certification
- 5-7 years having gained strong experience in understanding how technology capabilities fit together to provide a solution, design, architecture, development, infrastructure. Have been exposed to managing vendors and third parties for delivery
- 8-10 years:
* Have knowledge of domain operations, and understanding of ecosystems and suppliers and broad technical knowledge of the technology, solutions and service catalogue consumed by countries.
* Have good knowledge of domain appropriate technology strategies. Proven application of service management processes and frameworks
- IT Knowledge
- Benefits Management
- Design Patterns
- Research & Information Gathering
- Data Analysis
- IT Business Analysis