Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced
Enterprise Architectto join our
Risk ITteam at our Johannesburg offices. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for more than 150 years, and now spans 17 countries across the African continent.
A functional architect is responsible to ensure that the various IT solutions implementing business functionality, forms a functionally cohesive whole from a Business Unit and Enterprise perspective. The functional architect will work with the various IT enterprise architects to ensure that there is overall alignment between the various functional and enabler epics (as per the Scaled Agile Framework). The functional architect will also play a key role together with the IT Enterprise Architect's (EA's) to develop and maintain the various IT Architecture roadmaps to ensure alignment with the business strategy and the various enabler and functional epics.
Execute the Architecture Strategy to present architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise
- Assess and analyse business requirements so as to present architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider industry best practice.
- Communicate and Interpret Business Intent to enable the appropriate IT Architecture is being defined
- Execute an awareness and advisory service to Business so as to provide input, as required, on large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the vision
- Define roadmaps that optimally exploits the investment and functionality in the new Core Banking assets (SAP), which will enable the identification and definition short term wins and long term strategic changes.
- Define, execute and alignment of Enabler Epics to align to strategic themes if the organisation
- Define and maintain Functional Architecture to define the relevant architecture that supports the business strategy and intent:
Preferred Qualification and Experience