Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.
Based in NYC, SF, Kigali, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Accra and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
Our Andelan Software Engineers are masters ofconsistent execution . They reliably deliver technical and professional value to our teams and our partners.
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our partners around the world.
- Mentor and onboard junior engineers, by consistently displaying sound judgment, setting expectations, and working effectively, both independently and as part of a global team.
- Collaborate excellently with peers and stakeholders in fast-paced distributed teams, through a love of constructive feedback, dedication, and universal respect.
What You’ll Bring
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework .
Aminimum of 3-7 years of professional experience , during which you’ve developed technical expertise and stellar professional skills.
- Working knowledge of at least one complementary front-end languages/frameworks (ex: React, Angular, Vue ) as well as experience with responsive design interface development
- Strong understanding of fundamental database concepts- relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database, ORMs/ODMs and Web storage API (front end)
- Experience witharchitecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Familiarity with at leastone web server technology -- (ex: Apache, Nginx)
- Familiarity with at least onecloud hosting platform --(ex: AWS, GCP)
- Working knowledge oftools and editors -- (ex: Grunt, Sublime, Atom, JSLint)
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Knowledge of unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, with at least one relevant testing framework
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure and orchestration
- Awareness of the capabilities of applicable languages/frameworks/libraries as well as the inherent differences between them in order to understand trade-offs and make recommendations.
What You’ll Get *
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* May vary slightly based on location