Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for
Senior Quality Engineer
with the ability to execute on our IT Journey.
An Agile QA Engineer is responsible to participate in Feature Teams to assist in delivering quality products to the Product Owners
You will participate and give feedback on any activities where QA practices and risks are to be considered from the writing of the user stories, pre-development testing notes, execute QA testing activities in accordance to processes and performance guidelines to identify defects/performance concerns in projects
QA Planning and Preparation:
- Planning, prioritization of all the test-related tasks (use NWoW Model - SAFe. TDD & BDD methodology tools such as Agile/ Scrum methodology)
- Writing the test strategies per Features
- Reviewing the test plans
- Taking the responsibility of certain designs if people have not the required competencies
- Code reviewing, being part of the discussion for CI, CD
- Spreading expertise and good usage of tools such as bug-tracking database or versioning systems
- Provide assurance on changes that are being deployed to Production, by signing off all the relevant Test (Product) changes into Production.
- Write test plans from the requirements, specifications and test strategies
- Use versioning systems to code test scripts
- Create and perform test campaign whenever it is necessary to fit in the overall planning
- Use bug tracking database to report bugs
- Analyses test results
- Reports results to the QA manager
- Raise an alert when an important issue is likely to put in jeopardy the whole project
QA Execution and Tracking:
- Prepare Data requirements and ensure data availability for Test case execution. The focus on three types of data: test specific, test reference data to support scenario, application reference data which is needed for the application to start.
- Collaborate in Demo/Pilot to ensure that all the test scenarios have been catered and plan for exploratory testing which can be conducted over and above the automated unit and functional tests.
- Ensure that Integration testing is conducted to ensure that the product works end-to-end. Use of additional testing such as exploratory testing should be conducted to facilitate this.
- Ensure that the necessary test stubs and drivers are created with the assistance from the Developers to facilitate test execution where applicable.
- All tests executed will contain associated evidence of testing. All test evidence will be attached in appropriate tool such as JIRA as and when required.
- All defects associated with the test cases are raised timeously within the test environment, and should be investigated to the point where the impacted downstream system has been established and assigned to correct development resource. Defect SLA's per priority must be set up and agreed.
- JIRA / Management Tool should be utilized to keep a track of the tasks assigned to the QA and dashboards should be created to track the desired metrics for quality with the help of Iteration Manager.
- Cross Browser Comparability
- Responsive Testing
- Web Analytics Understanding
- Execution / Velocity targets / Lead time targets as determined by the Iteration Manager are achieved for each iteration/sprint.
- Any risks should be notified to the Iteration Manager and documented in Confluence for team's reference.
- Ensure scripts are executed.
- Ensure end to end automated regression testing.
- Execution and reporting targets are met.
- Attend other meetings (Inception, Iteration Planning Meeting, Grooming, retrofit session, Defect meetings, and Daily SCRUMS (Stand-ups).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- National Diploma in IT/Computer Systems
- BSc/MSc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum Matric
- 3 - 5 years proven working experience in Software Development Life-Cycle
- 5 - 7 years proven working experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 5 - 7 years strong knowledge of software QA methodologies ,tools and processes
- 5 - 7 years Banking industry experience, preferably in Retail/Business/Personal Banking
- 5 - 7 years Hands-On experience with both white box and black box testing
- 5 - 7 years Hands-On experience with automated testing tools such as QTP/Selenium
- 5 - 7 years Hands-On experience with scripting language such as Java/Shell/ruby
- 5 - 7 years Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Understanding and Experience with automated acceptance testing, integration and performance
- Automation-understanding of the CI server, Source Repository and the Agile Terminologies
- Ability to write automated tests using the relevant tools and execute them
- Understanding of an OOPs oriented language(C++,C#,Java)
- Understanding and experience of any 1 scripting language
- Knowledge and understanding of various IT systems and related configurations as applied within a specified business enviroment
- Good understanding of software development methodologies like waterfall. agile and other related development technologies
- Relevant and sufficient working experience with Test Automation tools is essential
- Good understanding and application of scripting
- Understanding and Experience of core testing practices and techniques
- Exposure to Open Source tooling and tool set evaluation